Click here for more information about the Cathedral on the Toledo Diocese web page
About Our Cathedral
Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral is beautifully constructed in a Spanish Platteresque style. Plans for the building of Our Lady, Queen of the Most Holy Rosary Cathedral were developed in 1912, and the cornerstone was laid in 1926. The first public service was held in the cathedral building in 1931, and the cathedral was dedicated October 1940. Renovations to fit the guidelines set out after the Second Vatican Council were completed September 1979. The floor to the ridge of the roof measures over 90 feet, and the length of the building is over 240 feet.*
*Mossing, Lawrence A. History of the Diocese of Toledo. v.III (Lesher Printers, Fremont, Ohio: 1985).